archive

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

TRENDS

Here are a few trending aspects I have found to be popular in the design world of today:

Slab Serifs: Corporations seem to be trying to find a happy medium between formality and fun. I can dig it but it always sends a wild west office park vibe my way.

Kittens: Are almost a joke about a joke now. Its funny how regularly aged cats + are widely misrepresented in todays media. We need to have some press for the near death cat demographic.

Rainbow pallets: Likely intentionally similar to the wardrobes of their target audience. "My pants are green purple and red too! I need that product!"

Dubstep, lots of dubstep... (commercials): No comment.

Overly inspirational and happy piano ding dongs: Even I am unable to resist the happy inspirational jingle of a piano in an ad, apple does it best.

Increasingly minimal design with increasing popularity: Apple, Windows, Some 4000$ vaccum cleaner, sometimes the product is all you need to see. It works.

Circles: Thinking outside the box is sooooooo geometric.

Massive collections of social media badges: To the point where it seems desperate, I can check my facebook and look at your website separately. I do not need to log in to tweet my every cybermove.

One powerful adjective + Product image: "Revolutionary"???

Prompting Individuality via purchase of mass produced popular item: hehe






No comments:

Post a Comment